St. Albans Town Education Center has had a busy summer. Despite state trends, the student enrollment at SATEC remains stable, reporting 697 students on August 1, 2013 and 700 students on July 30, 2014.
SATEC’s first day of school will be held on Wednesday, August 27th for grades 1-8. Kindergarten orientation will be on Friday, August 29th, with the first full school day for them on Tuesday, September 2nd.
An open house for grades 5-8 will be held on, Thursday, September 18, 2014 from 5:30-7:00 pm. The K-4 open house will be held on Thursday, September 25, 2014 from 5:30-7:00 pm.
The technology department has worked on the following projects:
● Novell Edirectory to Microsoft Active directory transition in process.
● Server and network account maintenance.
● Powerschool, our student information system, has been updated for the new year.
● Computer workstations, netbooks and iPads in the process of imaging.
● Regular summer computer, printer, projector maintenance.
● Staff and student email maintenance.
● Student Education Course Transcript (SECT) Data Exported and uploaded to the VT DOE. This data collection was a requirement for the State of VT for receiving Statewide Fiscal Stabilization Funds.
Facility staff spent the summer preparing the building for the new year, including:
● New paint in the B-wing hallways and main hall leading to C-wing.
● New flooring material installed in 4 bathrooms.
● Replaced the unloading floor in the wood chip storage bin.
● Complete internal cleaning of C-wing duct-work.
● Routine deep cleaning of classrooms, cafeteria, hallways, and common areas.
● Annual testing of life safety systems (sprinkler, fire alarm and extinguishers)